Sanskrit – Vishuddha (translation – purity) – Throat Chakra
Colour – Sky Blue
Element – Sound
Seed Sound – HANG
Location – in the throat
Physical anatomy – throat, trachea, esophagus, neck, thyroid gland, cervical spine, mouth, jaw, teeth
This chakra is centre for communication, sound, vibration and the TRUTH. Clear expression (through voice expression, drawing, writing and/or musical ability) as well as good listening abilities are all part of this balanced chakra. Speaking your truth, hearing and UNDERSTANDING the truth in what others are saying are continued strengths here. Honouring the vibration and rhythm of your voice (spoken voice, written voice, musical voice) aids in the healthy balance of your Throat chakra.
Throat chakra Quick Tips
- Represents your ability to communicate, express yourself, listen, speak truth, hear the truth, and understand the meaning behind and beyond words
- Blocked symptoms include a weak voice, laryngitis, throat pain, neck pain, stiff neck, jaw pain, hypothyroidism, dental problems, writers block, lack of musical ability and problems expressing yourself
- Overloaded symptoms include neck problems, hyperthyroidism/ talking too much/ talking too loudly, interrupting, speaking without regard for other peoples feelings
- Balancing suggestions include singing, humming, listening to music, writing talking to people, listening to people, practicing silence, getting a shoulder and neck massage.
- Yoga poses to assist with balancing this chakra – Jhalandara bandha, Plough pose and Shoulder stand
[From Usui Reiki 1 – Stacey MacDonald Angel Light]