Sanskrit – Ajna (translation – command, perceive) – Third Eye Chakra
Colour – Purple / Indigo
Element – Light
Seed sound – AUM
Location – between and just above the eyebrows
Physical anatomy- brain, nerves, forehead, eyes, nose, pituitary and pineal glands and the sinuses.
This chakra’s colour is purple however some describe it as deep indigo. It is sometimes known as the intuition chakra or the Psychic chakra however also governs our imagination, inner visions and also our conscience, our perception of right and wrong.
Third Eye chakra Quick Tips
- Represents your ability to see, use your intuition, use your imagination, remember your dreams, listen to your inner voice, and heed your conscience
- Blocked symptoms include vision problems, headache, nasal congestion, sinus infection, stroke, brain abnormalities, lack of imagination, difficulty with visualization, rarely remembering your dreams lack of intuition and no sense of inner voice or conscience
- Overloaded symptoms include headache, hyperventilation, brain hemorrhage, hallucinations, psychic abilities that impair normal functioning psychosis, living in a fantasy world, being in your head too much and problems distinguishing dream experiences from real experiences
- Balancing suggestions include drawing, painting, meditating, visualizing, recording and interpreting your dreams, paying attention to what you see around you, listening to your intuition.
- Yoga to aid this chakra – visualization through meditation
[From Usui Reiki 1 – Stacey MacDonald Angel Light]