Solar Plexus Chakra Balancing – The Solar Plexus Chakra is third up from the Root chakra.
The Solar Plexus Chakra is third up from the Root chakra.
Element – fire
Seed sound – RANG
Location – just below the rib cage
Sanskrit – Manipura – translation – dwelling place of the jewel
Physical anatomy engaged – Solar plexus, stomach, digestive organs, upper intestines, middle back, liver, pancreas, gall bladder, muscles
All the Chakras are described in our book “Usui Tibetan Reiki Healing Energy Level I Student Manual” available on Amazon in eBook or Paperback at the link below:
This Solar Plexus chakra is where you open to all abundance, prosperity and opportunities. Imagine a beam of yellow light pouring through this chakra when you need to give your confidence a boost. This chakra focuses on who you are, what you can do and how you can do it. Understanding and accepting who you are gives you a strong sense of self and an ability to get things done.
Blocked symptoms are low self-esteem, sluggishness, victim mentality, low energy, chronic fatigue, weak core muscles, slow digestion, poor appetite, problems with pancreas, gall bladder and liver. Confidence will be very shaky. If there is only a small blockage, there may only be insecurity in one specific area. A larger blockage will cause generalized self-esteem problems.
Overloaded symptoms are aggressiveness, arrogance, too much energy, irritability, violence, ambitiousness at the expense of others, an inability to feel empathy, high stress, hypertension, muscle spasms and overuse of painkillers or sedatives.
A Solar Plexus Chakra that is in balance give a person control over their emotions, thoughts and energy they put into them. There is a physical energy, sound digestion, and vitality. Emotionally people with a balanced Solar Plexus chakra trust their instincts, self-esteem. They demonstrate confidence, are independent in thought and actions, intelligent, decisive, productive, and have mental focus and identity.
To promote balancing the Solar Plexus Chakra, include working up a sweat, doing hot yoga, sitting in a sauna or steam room, spending time in the sun, listening to others, slowing down, strengthening muscles in your core.
Meditation and Yoga are excellent ways to use the energy a balanced Solar Plexus Chakra provides.
- Poses for balancing this chakra – Tadasana, Virabhadrasana I, Dhanurasana, Surya Namaskar, Navasana.
- Use your normal meditation space, dress comfortably and sit on your usual straight-backed chair. If you do not have such a space or chair, this is a good time to prepare and create them.
- Use light and scent to create the ideal ambiance for the session. Light candles and place essential oils such as lemongrass, ginger, cinnamon on the candle diffusers.
- If you are attuned to Reiki, use this beautiful energy to clear away all dark energies and energies your chakra has accumulated that impair its action.
- Concentrate your mind and energies on your Chakra and balance it. Hold the balance in order to understand it, study it so that you know what it feels like.
- Understand that balancing the chakra promotes the flow of energy from the Root Chakra to the Crown Chakra through the Solar Plexus. Feel that energy flow through a balanced Solar Plexus Chakra.
- Affirm your belief and understanding that you are in control of your existence and are confident and relaxed in the approach to your existence.
- Affirm your confidence in yourself, your passions, and your existence. Confidence removes the need for “control,” feel that grip loosen and fall away. Confidence makes you open to new ideas, thoughts and ways of doing things. Welcome the feeling.
- Affirm that you attract abundance and prosperity effortlessly.
Sit quietly for a few minutes, revel in the openness of the energy flowing through you.
Mark Ashford is a Registered Teacher and Practitioner
Mark is a Master Teacher and Practitioner