Colour – Yellow
Element – fire
Seed sound – RANG
Location – just below the rib cage
Sanskrit – Manipura – translation – dwelling place of the jewel
Physical anatomy engaged – Solar plexus, stomach, digestive organs, upper intestines, middle back, liver, pancreas, gall bladder, muscles
This Solar Plexus chakra is where you open to all abundance, prosperity and opportunities. Imagine a beam of yellow light pouring through this chakra when you need to give your confidence a boost. This chakra focuses on who you are, what you can do and how you can do it. Understanding and accepting who you are gives you a strong sense of self and an ability to get things done.
Represents sense of self, ego, self-esteem, willpower, and ability to get things done
Blocked symptoms are low self-esteem, sluggishness, victim mentality, low energy, chronic fatigue, weak core muscles, slow digestion, poor appetite, problems with pancreas, gall bladder and liver. Confidence will be very shaky. If there is only a small blockage, there may only be insecurity in one specific area. A larger blockage will cause generalized self-esteem problems. You might be haunted by thoughts that you are not good enough. Or, you may feel unable to draw useful lessons from life’s challenges. Physical difficulties associated with a blocked Solar Plexus Chakra may include digestive discomfort and troubles with memory.
Overloaded symptoms are aggressiveness, arrogance, too much energy, irritability, violence, ambitiousness at the expense of others, an inability to feel empathy, high stress, hypertension, muscle spasms and overuse of painkillers or sedatives.
Balancing suggestions include working up a sweat, doing hot yoga, sitting in a sauna or steam room, spending time in the sun, listening to others, slowing down, strengthening muscles in your core.
The Citrine Crystal is associated with the Solar Plexus Chakra.
- known as the “success” stone and the “merchants stone”
- promotes success and abundance especially in business
- imparts generosity receiving and giving balance
- enhances mental clarity, confidence, happiness and willpower
- brings good fortune in unexpected ways
- alleviates depressions and self-doubt
- brings happiness and cheer to anyone who carries it
- diminishes mood swings and self-destructive tendencies
- does not absorb negative energy and therefore never needs energetic clearing
- can be used to clear unwanted energies from environment
- helpful for general psychic awareness and spiritual development
- stone for general protection removing or deflecting energies of all kinds
- aids digestion, stomach, thyroid, heart, kidney, liver, muscles, strength, endocrine system, circulatory system, urinary system, immune system, fibromyalgia and diabetes and helps in diminishing or eliminating nightmares.
- color – yellow
It absorbs, transmutes and grounds negative energy and protects the environment. It is particularly beneficial for attracting abundance. A powerful cleanse and regenerator that carries the power of the sun, this is a very beneficial stone and cleanses and reenergizes all of the chakras. Energizing and highly creative, it never needs cleansing – it imparts joy to all who behold it. it reverses self-destructive behavior and assists in acting on constructive criticism. Citrine promotes inner calm, allowing your natural wisdom to emerge and encourages emotional balance.
If you are not meditating, now is the time to start, and, while you have started, also join a Yoga studio or class. After you have a few classes under you belt, ask the instructor to help you with poses intended to help balance the Solar Plexus Chakra. Yoga poses to aid in balancing this chakra – Tadasana, Virabhadrasana I, Dhanurasana, Surya Namaskar, Navasana.
Meditation is best done in peace and quiet. Hold your crystal in your left hand if you are sitting, or place it over your Solar Plexus if laying down.
Archangel Uriel governs the Solar Plexus Chakra. Ask the archangel to be present. You may feel or sense nothing, you may feel tingling or sense an increase in the vibration of your space. You have after all invited an archangel to your side to help with your Solar Plexus Chakra. Speak or think the problem you feel with your Solar Plexus Chakra and ask for Uriel’s help healing it.
Mark is a Registered Reiki Teacher and Practitioner
Mark is a Usui Tibetan Reiki Master Teacher