The Five Reiki Spiritual Principles are that for today, I will not:
Reiki Principles and Gratitude, for what we have and what and who we are just as powerful. We are all happy for different things in our lives. Some feed us emotionally, such as relationships and friendships, others are material things, things that allow us to do things, go places and be happy and connected to others and all the living things that come from Mother Gaia.
Gratitude is energetic, we become more grounded and at peace which shifts our energy both internally and externally.
If you do not see gratitude listed in the five principles, well, I see compassion as a synonym for gratitude.
A simple morning ritual that tells the universe you are happy, and grateful is simply to say “I am alright.”
Let’s see how to Practice!
Take a few moments each morning to…
- Play with your pets, don’t just feed and water them, and clean up after them. They give us unconditional love. They need some love back. And, they need some gratitude for being the loving animals they are. We are fortunate to live with them and have them in our lives.
- If you are attuned to Reiki, you may be aware of your guides, they are with you before birth and will be with you after you pass over. Tell them you are grateful for their presence and ask them to help and guide you through the day to come.
- Make sure your family, your spouse, and children all know that you are grateful for them being part of your life.
- Think of your health and wellness. All aspects of your health and wellness. If you can run do something dramatic such as run a marathon, or cycle a long distance, or swim, be grateful for the body and spirit in you that takes you to the places those sporting activities take you to. I used to cycle long distances, 100km or more. The journey and the places I saw were as important as the end goal. I was then and still am very happy with this wonderful body and all that it does to make those things happen.
- Material things such as our vehicle, money and abundance are all important to us. They are expressions of our work and dedication, to our ability to manifest things that help us go about our modern lives.
- Food and water, our home, the roof over our head. These are nurturing and sustaining us.
- To be grateful for experiences life gives us. I will always be grateful for my experiences as a scuba diver, being able to see and do things the majority of people cannot, or do not know how.
- Be grateful for the things that have come to an end. This can be anything or number of things that are meaningful to you. Sadness may surround your thoughts of a relative that has passed over but we should have gratitude for their lives and what they did and how they lived. We may have ended a job and moved on to another, but now is the time to be happy about the gifts that job gave us in challenges and opportunities to personal growth.
My last thought is for Reiki, it is part of my life, an enjoyable part and something takes my mind to it and every day, for which I am grateful.
In the end I am just grateful for all that I think of. The blessings you think while you close your quiet moment do not have to be all of the blessings you have; tomorrow is another day and you can think of other blessings to express your gratitude for then.
This post is taken from our Reiki Level I Student Manual
Mark is a Registered Reiki Teacher and Practitioner under the Canadian Reiki Association – CRA. Click here for more information and to book a remote session
Mark is a Usui Tibetan Reiki Master Teacher under the International Association fo Reiki Professionals Click here for more information