Sehekey pronounced “Say He Key” is used for mental healing, accessing the subconscious and calming the mind. The translations mean “as above, so below” and represents Divine Source and human coming together. The use of this symbol is to address the emotional component behind physical diseases or energy blocks.
Using Sehekey for a Reiki Session
This symbol is a direct line to the other person’s subconscious or to your own and with this comes responsibility to be “clear” when using it. If your mind is not clear, take some time before the session to ground yourself and reach a place of tranquility and peace to clear your thoughts. You can also use your breath to reach this “clear state” by breathing deeply and on the inhalation repeating to yourself: “breathing in I claim my body” and on the exhalation repeating, “breathing out I still my mind”. If you are not able to clear your mind. DO NOT use the Mental Healing symbol on someone else as you will only confuse his or her mind with your own mind’s chatter. This symbol is intended to calm the conscious mind and allow the subconscious memories of pain or trauma to come to the surface and be released.
If you do not feel motivated to use this symbol during a Reiki session assume that it is not needed.
- use to protect and purify self and others from mental control by drawing symbol over self or putting self-inside symbol
- to protect your car, put it inside a Mental / Emotional Symbol, then seal with a Power Symbol
- it will help to release negative attachments
- use to guard a room from negative emotions or entities
- It helps to release mental or emotional conditions, addictions, pain emotional, nervousness, anger, fear, depression, sadness by bringing them to the surface and gently releasing them.
This post is taken from our Reiki Level II Student Manual
Mark is a Registered Reiki Teacher and Practitioner under the Canadian Reiki Association – CRA.
Mark is a Usui Tibetan Reiki Master Teacher under the International Association fo Reiki Professionals Click here for more information