Attunement is a very special event at each stage of your Reiki journey to Mastery, and teaching if you aspire to do so.
Attunement comes after a period of learning and experience with a Reiki Master, and Teacher.
Attunement is a very special event. It signifies your soul is ready to accept the greater connection to Reiki energy, and that your Reiki guides are welcoming you with open arms.
There will be changes in you as a result of Attunement. Do not underestimate them.
Preparation for Attunement is important, being prepared will help you have the best experience possible. Here are a few things to help you in your preparation. Some simple cleansing will encourage attunement energies to work more efficiently and create greater benefits for you.
Attuning to Reiki energy in large part is learning to listen to the signs and signals that your own body and higher Self is sending you. Being in the now and experiencing what and who is around you as well as what Reiki energy is communicating to you. Attunement at Level 1 is one of your first experiences of this.
- Consider a water or juice fast the day before the Attunement Ceremony
- Coffee and tea, as well as caffeine drinks. Reduce them, on the day of the attunement or eliminate them. The energy they create in your system will not be needed on the day of attunement.
- No alcohol for at least 48 hours prior to the attunement.
- Stop using sugary drinks, candy or chocolate the day before Attunement.
- Cut back, and or eliminate all tobacco products as well as marijuana starting the day before attunement.
- Meditate if you are meditating already, but do not try to start as this will place too much strain on your attention. If you do not meditate, spend time in silence.
- Reduce or eliminate watching TV, listening to the radio, or reading newspapers. The objective here is to allow the worries and cares of the world, especially all traumatic events and happenings from your mind.
- Sleep, give yourself time for rest and especially a good night’s rest.
- Do not make plans for the evening of the day you are attuned. You can think of Attunement as a graduation ceremony, but it is unlike any you have experienced at school or college. This is a spiritual graduation and the changes it brings may cause you to want quiet and solitude rather than to go out celebrating. For one thing your spirit is open to changes and things around you. You want… you need to be in control of what you experience and with whom.
- Release all worries, fears, anxieties, stress, jealousy, hate, worry, doubts. This can best be done in your quiet space/times referred to earlier.
Being welcomed into Reiki, you are allowing the Reiki energy to pass through you to Self, others, and contributing, beautifying and healing the energy of the Earth.
After your attunement you will go through a clearing process which may last up to 21 days whereby you may feel a shift within yourself (this may manifest a variety of different ways; cold like symptoms, increased emotions, deep calmness) however will culminate in a steady and balanced state of mind, body and Spirit allowing healing energy to always be flowing to you, through you and from you.
By extending great care in your choices that you make for your own physical body, emotional needs and spiritual sensitivities aids your ability to conduct Reiki energy optimally.
This post is intended for all levels of Attunement except for Master Practitioner and Teacher. Start with our I Student Manual
Mark is a Registered Reiki Teacher and Practitioner under the Canadian Reiki Association – CRA.
Mark is a Usui Tibetan Reiki Master Teacher under the International Association fo Reiki Professionals Click here for more information